How can I get copies of photos without the negatives?

I have pictures that I friend gave me but I don't have the negatives. I want to make a gift for her with the photos. It is a surprise so I don't want to ask for more prints and I still want to keep the originals.

LindaLou506

Asked by LindaLou506 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can take them to Walgreens and use one of those photo scanners. Or if you have the capability, you can scan them into your own computer and then go on-line to Walgreens and get reprints or cds - you order on line and pick up at your local store.
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 11:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• take the actual pictures to like a wal mart or wallgreens and make copies
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Ditto
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 7:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Just so you know...........

If the pictures were taken by a professional photographer it is actually against the law to copy them.

If they are just snapshots taken by your friend then the above information will work great.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 11:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• shutterfly.com or snapfish.com if you already have them on youre computer you can order them its super cheap i got 200 pics for 10.00
    aidensmommy18_2

Answer by aidensmommy18_2 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• in addition to using the photo machine at a store if you have a scanner or acess to a scanner that works well also. my friend gave me her scanner that takes negatives as well its super cool lol but it does great for picutres.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009