Stem cell Q

Scenario-Lets say that one of your children became sick and was going to die. The only treatment is that you must create an embryo to have it destroyed bc the cure is within the embryo and it will cure the child.

Would you do it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, and I would do it save a child who was not mine as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• No

Answer by gemgem at 11:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• 100% yes.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 11:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• No I would not.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Absolutly. I wish we had the option to save the cord blood of our babies when they were born. I didn't know about it, and we weren't given the option. But, they were all born in Army hospitals. I support stem cell research.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes. I have been in a situation where our youngest child almost died. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with him and while they were diligently trying to find out, he was fighting for his life. It was a horrible thing to go through. If the doctor told me at any moment when he was coding, that we needed to create and embryo to save his life, I would have knocked you down running to do it. I know that the stem cell debate stuff will ensue here, what if......, well then......, and I am truly tossed by both sides, but in the context of this op question, I'd truly have to say yes.

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• No. It's not my job to decide who lives or dies and I certainly wouldn't create a life just to save another. Only God is the ultimate decision maker of who lives and who dies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes with out doubt. I would however be more likely if the option was there to have another child for the stem cells. I would feel less guilty that way but if the choice was your child will live if you make an embryo to be distroyed or they will die if you don't I would do it plain and simple.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• So, anon 11:43-does that opinion include all aspects of medical intervention when you say God is the ultimate decision maker..I just wanted to know-Thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Since i would love to have another baby in a few years anyway, yes i would do that.

There is a soap opera on tv called good times, bad times (here in germany). and they actually had this exact case happening a few years ago. i remember it because it seemed so strange but yet so great.

And i would do it to save my childs life and i wouldnt think about it for one second. I would do everything to save my childs life. and if i have to create another life - heck yes i would do it.

And the other baby would be loved as much as the first baby.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2009