what type of BC are u on? info...

the only one i was ever on was the depo ... idk wat i want on now , everytime i find sumthin i like , i read more and i end up hating it lol ... my apt is on monday!!! ... we want to have another baby by next year , so im only going to b on for like a year probly ... but i hated the depo cuz it was hard to get preggers after - mayb cuz i was on it for 4 yrs ... - anyway i liked that i didnt have any periods and my sex drive stayed the same ... gosh help me choose!!!!! please!! thnx!!!

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Health

• I'm on ortho tri cyclen. I love it. I don't have my period and it cleared up my complexion.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I used the "pullout" method for 5 years, decided to get pregnant, had my baby, and now we are on the Vasectomy method ; )
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would just use condoms if I were you. Or talk to your doctor about various options. But before you start trying you need to be off BC for 2 months before you try to get pregnant, so definitely use condoms for those 2 months. When you are on bc it thins out your uterin wall and that needs to be really thick to carry a baby. Otherwise you may have a miscarriage.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I'm on the mini-pill. I was on it during breastfeeding, and just stayed with it after he weaned. My Dr. said it's 97% effective compared to 99% from regular birth control with half the hormones. I didn't have any negative side effects like weight gain.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I take the seasonal pill that way I only have 4 period a year instead of every month. So far so good I am happy with it.

Ortho tri I got pregnant on!
    carsonsmomee

Answer by carsonsmomee at 2:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• im on the nuvaring and so far i have been really happy with it. ive tried many different kinds of birth controls and have to say aside from the pill, i think i like this one the best. i was on the implanon before and had to have it removed because i was having complications. afterward thats when i went on the nuvaring. i like it because you put 1 in and dont have to take it out for 3 weeks. then you leave it out for 1 week and thats when you get your period. but, if you want to skip your period, you can always take one ring out and put a new one in the same day. and you dont have to take it out when you and your partner want to, well, you know.....actually, i cant even feel mine. so its not uncomfortable and it doesnt hurt to put in or take out. but everybodys is different of course, so you should ask your doc and decide whats best for you! good luck!
    lofryman

Answer by lofryman at 3:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I'm enormously a fan of VCF-the foam, not the film (the film never dissolved like it was supposed to). quick, easy, smells nice and you are good to go. It can be a little awkward to get used to inserting it, but you get used to that after a while.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 4:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2009