A couple was adopting a baby adult content

They got the call the baby boy was being born. The baby only lived a few minutes after it was born. I learned from anther friend. The friends have not said anything. I did not realize that they had found a baby to adopt. DO i tell them I am sorry or do I let it alone? They have wanted kids forever. I am sure this is hurting them. They were there for the birth to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2012 in Adoption

• http://www.compassionatefriends.org/home.aspx

if you decide to address the issue, this site will assist you with some appropriate words of sympathy. it may also be a beneficial resource for the couple
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• If they haven't said anything to you, I wouldn't bring it up.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• I would send flowers and a condolence card. He was their child. So sorry for their loss.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• That really IS tough. One the one hand, you don't want them to think you knew and ignored their loss. On the other, they didn't tell you about the possibility of adoption and you have to respect their reasons for that, whatever they may be.

I'm honestly not sure I know the answer. I wish you good luck in your decision
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 4:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• I think a Sympathy card is appropriate here. They are suffering a loss.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• If they aren't talking about it I wouldn't bring it up.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• I kind of have to agree with meooma again on this one.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• Oh my gosh how sad. Adoption is such an emotional rollercoaster - I speak from experience. I think it would be very nice to acknowledge their loss in whatever way you are comfortable with.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• Wow! That's a tough one!

If you're real good friends you should tell them you were sorry to hear about their baby.
    That's sad :(
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• If THEY did not tell you, you should not know. So no, don't say anything. Not your place.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2012