When did you start

when did you start your baby on meat? like the jared baby food. i only bought it one time and never bought it again bc my dd didnt like it and it smelled horrible!! but that was almst 4yrs ago and i know things have changed so im jw. btw my baby will b 8mnths on the 4th

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you smelled that stuff? Or tasted it? (jarred food is a "thing" with me)
    So I obviously skipped jarred food altogether, lol and when the kid had teeth started with soft, bite size table foods (meat included).
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• I have never given my children any of the jarred meat. That stuff is just nasty. My sister never gave it her her kids either.

My kids are 13 and 3. It didn't change between them!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• I never gave it to DD and not sure I will give it to DS either. At 9 months I fed DD small pieces of boiled chicken and stuff like that.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• Neither of my daughters liked baby food. My sister bought me a baby bullet when my youngest was born. The baby food doesn't smell like shit that way.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• I agree with the others, jarred meat is nasty. Wait until your baby can get broken up pieces of chicken or turkey.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• I never did. That stuff is so nasty!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• never with any of them. i cooked real meat extra tender and smashed it really well, and mixed it in with other stuff when they were about 10 months old.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 8:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• I never gave it too my baby I only but like the meat that is mixed in already
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 10:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• ok thanks girls! lol yea i smelled it once 4yrs ago never bought it again but i figured id ask anyhows since some things do change ...ive been giving her very small peices of meat when i cook it so ill just keep doing that
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2012