Baby wakes up just to be held?

My son is a little over 5 months and all of a sudden he is waking up at night just to be held is this normal or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aw, what a sweetie. I probably would have just rubbed his tummy or back until he fell asleep rather than rocking him to sleep again. But they are little such a short time, perhaps I would just have rocked him.

Answer by Bmat at 11:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Teething. My dd always just wants to be held when she is cutting a tooth. It will pass, enjoy the snuggles!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• yea, enjoy the snuggles, my kid does nothing but hit me now...
    FirstMomAnt

Answer by FirstMomAnt at 12:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• hold him love him enjoy the moment. They grow so fast!! Is your son teething??

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• could be teething. but whatever it is. dont take him out and dont rock him to fall asleep again. it will become a really bad habit really fast. and then you will have to do that for the next 1-2 years ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Just rock him :-) When he's older you'll really miss this time. My son wakes and rolls over so he can be near me, he just likes to know I'm there.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2009