• In the Spotlight:

how can i get my son to go poop on the potty

he is doing preety good about going teetee but still has accedents but he will not go poop on the potty i dont know what to do he is 3 now

Kisses0113

Asked by Kisses0113 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well my son turned 4 last November. What worked for me is to tell him that only babies wear diaper's and he has to go poopie in the potty. I also, in the beginning, give him a cheap toy then after a while he just liked me telling him how happy I was that he did it on his own or how proud I was so I didn't have to give him anymore toys. Now he goes on his own and no accidents in the bed at night cause I make sure he goes potty before he falls asleep. He used to ask for a diaper to go #2 but then I said I have no more diapers and only babies use diaper's and it worked. Good Luck.
    aidansmom111804

Answer by aidansmom111804 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• YOu should watch him so closely after he eats and when u see him grunting, go RUN and pick hiim up and RUn to the bathroom. Thats what i do to my 22 month old. it's funny we both laugh about it.
    Serenityc21

Answer by Serenityc21 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2009