Why is my 11 month old son so mean?

My son hits me and throws things at me...he doesnt ever wanna just cuddle and be nice. And when i say hit i mean he takes a full swing....is this normal? what should i do about this?

FirstMomAnt

Asked by FirstMomAnt at 12:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son does this too!! he hits me in the face. although he is still sweet when he wants to be- cuddles give kisses. but he is very strong willed and he is very mean sometimes. he knows what he is doing too. I don't know I'm still trying to figure it out myself =\ lol
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I don't think that is normal. But talk to his doctor. I have never heard of a kid NEVER wanting to cuddle.
    And why are you letting him get away with hitting you?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Well i dont know what to do....should i hit his hand back and say no...i mean i ALWAYS tell him not nice and stuff but he still does it....hes my first and i dont know whats wrong and whats right in discipline....
    FirstMomAnt

Answer by FirstMomAnt at 12:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• dont ask people if you should hit his hands or not. thats up to you. I smack my sons hands and butt. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. just stay consistent. thats the only thing you can do because they are just learning. they are pushing our buttons. :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Krazy is right. How you discipline is up to you. However, if you let him get away with this now, he will be bigger and hit harder later. Make a choice on discipline and be consistant. If you are not against spanking, look up how to spank properly.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2009