Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Are there any government grants to help with renovations to your home?

We are purchasing a mobile home that need some work done to it before we can actually move in. I was wondering is there any grants that can help cut the cost of all the repairs to at least make this place liveable?

Answer Question

Asked by ILYNAA at 2:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2012 in Home & Garden

Level 7 (162 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • the federal grants typically have to do with adding things like solar panels, etc. rather than regular maintenance. sometimes there are city or country programs that provide assistance with certain things - go to the websites or google and search for home repair assistance and similiar phrases. sometimes there are local organizations that provide help as well.

    Answer by figaro8895 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

  • Yes contact your county office an ask if they have HOME dollars.

    Answer by booklover545 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

  • I doubt it, esp. with a mobile home. If you do find monetary assistance, read the fine print very carefully.

    Answer by tasches at 5:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

  • ask if they have HOME dollars.

    Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.