I'm struggling...

im 8 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second and taking 50mg of zoloft which has been deemed safe. i started taking zoloft after my daughter was born due to postpartum depression. zoloft has always worked for me and now since i have gotten pregnant it hasnt worked, i feel like im suffering from actual postpartum AGAIN. i have made a doc appt. but has this happened to anyone? Any advice or suggestions, im really struggling??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your hormones are changing again. Thats probably why they wont work. And as far as i, as a former PPD patient, know is: all those medications only make you feel happy, but dont solve the real problem.

You should def. talk to your doctor and try to get a therapy at a psychiatrist to solve your real problem.

i wish you all the best and congratulations to the new pregnancy!!! :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• PPD is caused by the drop in hormones, I would think now that your pregnant your hormones will level off. Pregnancy usually has a calming effect. Although everyone's different. It seems your hormones are messing with the zoloft. Your going to need your docs advice. I'd make sure your obgyn knows a lot about antidepressants.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2009