My boyfriends daughter!

My boyfriends daughter controls his life. Granted he left her mother for me, but should this keep happening. She doesn't like me at all. She is almost 11. She really is a daddy's girl. I couldn't be with him on New Years eve because his daughter was and his daughter didn't want me there. Now he was supposed to come to my parents for the super bowl, but his daughter wants to go to his friends house that has kids, but doesn't want me to go. Will this keep going on ? I know he loves her and feels guilty, but what about me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• get use to this your boyfriend is a father first his daughter should come first. However she need to be more respectful towards you. Then again she may just be looking at you like you were the happy home wrecker and hates you for that.  It's going to take some time for her to accept you.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• thats why i would never date another man with kids!!!!
    Anonymous

• i agree with mommidear she took the words right out of my mouth try to see if he can get his dd to spend a day with you or something take her to the mall or something fun
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Granted he left her mother for me,

Thats the problem,right there. In the 11 year old mind, you ruined her family and I doubt you will ever get any respect from her. Why should she want the woman around that messed up her family life?

Anonymous

• children come first
    homeschool23

Answer by homeschool23 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• The child comes first, but keep working at trying to develop a relationship with her.. ex. today you should have told her to bring a friend or two with her to your parents. That way she knows she is welcome... it going to take a lot of work, and she's going to reject you for a while, but the more you try the easier it will be on you and your bf's relationship. Also remember, she is eleven, and that's about the age the girls go through their "stage". lol. It's not fun, and they can be monsters ( I know I was). So it may not only be you and your situation, it may be the "stage".
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Develope a relationship with her? What are you going to say. Oh I'm so sorry I'm the cow that your father left your mother for. Can't we get passed this? He should be choosing her over you. You are only a woman. She is his daughter. At least thats one good thing about him.
    Anonymous

• Children do come first but there is no reason for the father to treat you that way and for him to let his daughter treat you that way.There are bounderies and both of them have crossed them. If he keeps letting his daughter boot you out then what kind of relationship will you have?
    Keatons_mom07

Answer by Keatons_mom07 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2009