Pregnancy After Vasectomy

I am curious as to how many moms have gotten pregnant after their spouse has had a vasectomy?? And if you did get pregnant, how long after surgery was it?

BeanIrene1

Asked by BeanIrene1 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It can happen. It didn't happen to me, but I had a patient who'd had a tubal and her hubby'd had a vasectomy, and they got pregnant! I'm not sure how long after the surgeries it was. You can't consider him "clear" until at least 8 weeks post op, and until he's had two clear semen analysis tests. Women are considered safe once you've had the surgery.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes I know that, and thank you. My husband is 9 months out from surgery and I am just having issues in my own body and was wondering about actual life people who have had this happen.
    BeanIrene1

Answer by BeanIrene1 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2009