Starting a daycare... Any top notch suggestions on getting families?

I thought about volunteering at the local elementary school & going to PTA meetings to meet potential families. Also, I know flyers & business cards are an excellent idea. Another thought I had was to go to the local college & placing flyers there. There are working parents also going to school or even just going to school & need part time care also.

Any thoughts??? Like to hear :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hello and congrats on starting your own business! I use to do daycare from my home. Do you have a Family Enrichment program in your area? We do in NY and they have a referral system. I used to get tons of calls from them. Ask your local DSS. They might now or you can enlist with them. They also have a referral program for Moms who are going from DSS to work. I also got referrals from them. Yes, Flyers everywhere will help! Also call another daycare provider in your area...but not in your immediate neighborhood because they are your commetion! Ask them how they got referrals. I had a daycare owner that was not in my neighborhood give me a lot of great advise.
    Good luck to you!
    GoGreenMom68

Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• If you have a craigslist.com for your city you could place a free ad on there :)
    Good luck!
    StarrMom2Xander

Answer by StarrMom2Xander at 2:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009