Isn't this, well.... a bit hypochritical?

I've seen many responses concerning both issues of abortion and stem cell. I've noticed that while there are those who oppose stem cell, they fully support abortions. I believe that those who support one but not the other are pretty much a hypochrite because, in a sense, they go hand-in-hand. Some say stem cell is playing God. Well, isn't abortion playing God? YOU making the determination of whether the baby lives or dies? Some say it's their body to do with as they please when it comes to abortion. Well, shouldn't that right be up to anyone who wishes to contribute to stem cell without criticism?

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't support either. Does that make ya feel better?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I haven't got to that post yet but here is my opinion.... i am pro life 100%.... but if people are going to MURDER their babies, why not help and save someone elses life... i don't see stem cell as "playing GOD" i see it as a medical advance and a damn good one at that.... the things they do are amazing, they are saving lives and helping people with them.... how is that bad?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Hmmmm, must have missed those post about those who support abortion against stem cell reseach. The ones I read, Its usually the other way around. Those who are against abortion are against stem cell research.
    Anonymous

• I am anti-abortion, but I do not have a problem with stem cell research. I dont think that it is playing God, but unlocking the many beautiful secrets that God has left for us to discover.  But I do not believe we should use stem cells from aborted babies. This is one way people try to justify abortion. There are many other ways to retrieve stem cells that do not come from babies we kill.

Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• The facts are that abortion IS legal. There are women who ARE going to get abortions regardless of what you or I think about it. So why not use that tissue for research into ways to save lives? No one is going to go out and plan to get pregnant and then have an abortion just to help medical science. (Some women are stupid, but not THAT stupid!) Also there is stem cell research going on that does not involve aborted tissue in any form, so why should that research be halted as well because of anti-abortion activists? I can't call them pro-life, because a real pro-life activist would be pro ALL life, not just unborn life.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I am against both..
    amygray

Answer by amygray at 2:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I wish people would read a little about stem cell. The great majority of it is NOT embryonic. There was a huge breakthrough this week using a patient's OWN stem cells to reverse MS.

I am not opposed to abortion or embryonic stem cell research as long as the stem cells are not being produced strictly to be destroyed.
    Do you have any idea how many embryos are disposed of every year in this country? Why not put these already fertilized embryos to use. They are incinerated, thrown away and just left out to thaw and die.
    LibraryLady200

Answer by LibraryLady200 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• For me it's a taxpayer persoective. I have nothing against stemcell research nor abortion. To each their own. I just don't think our government money should focus on either one of these areas. Our country cannot even afford to keep Social Security funded for my generation to be able to see the benefits. Many other entitlement programs are projected to be out of money starting in 2017.
    And, yes my mom has MS and I am aware of some of the leading research. Her and I have talked about this and agree that while it is great~ our nation needs to find ways focus financially fixing the programs that are set in place and are failing.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I support both. Does that make ya feel better?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• If I choose to use birth control and prevent pregnancy then am I going against what God wants?
    Anonymous