Does giving your husband a divorce prove that you love him?

My husband says that is the ultimate show of my love for him.

08mpayne

Asked by 08mpayne at 1:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• that is bull crap
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 1:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• "If you love something set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't it never was."
    OR
    "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't hunt it down...."
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Thats crazy but why would you want to stay with somebody that wants a divorce whether you love them or not.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 1:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I've never heard that as far as divorce is concerned unless he is asking you if you love him enough to let him go and be happy, but, not really wanting to do it.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• NO! That is a bunch of crap. Fancy talk. It sounds like your husband is playing a game, trying to mess with your mind. Manipulating you into thinking that if you love him, you'll let him go. does he want a divorce? Or is he suffering from LOW self esteem? Did he find someone else? Sounds like double talk to me. If he wants a divorce, he needs to do it and not make you feel responsible for what he's doing. He has to own what he wants and stop the BS!
    JESSEMOM

Answer by JESSEMOM at 1:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would have to say no!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• ew no he just wants out. well i get what he's saying, if you love him THAT much you would let him go to be free and happy. i wouldnt want to be with anyone who didnt want to be with me
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2009