Am i the only one who thinks its gross to bathe kids together?

i dont care if they're both boys or both girls or a boy and a girl... i think its disgusting to wash a kid in another kids dirty bath water.. b/c face it.... kids are gross and so is there bath water. that would b like you sharing bath water with another adult... its gross..

and if u do bathe your kids together, good for you i dont really care, im just stating that in my opinion i find it gross... and i was curious if most ppl would agree or disagree

i understand why ppl wash their kids together, save on water, save time, b able to watch both kids at the same time... i get all that... like i said i just think its gross

lovinity

Asked by lovinity at 11:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• OP, I do not think you're a freak for thinking this way. To each their own. And I think all of us are doing something that someone else won't like.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2012

• I bathe my youngest two together. They swim in the same pool. They grab their toys and have fun. They probably piss and shed their skin cells in both the tub and pool. Gross is a bunch of sweaty people who jump into a hot tub after working out and we are sharing sweat and some of them probably pee in there because as soon as the hot water hits the urge to go comes. Even more gross is doing laps and seeing band aids and wads of hair. So my kids in a bathtub together pales in comparison to watching someone blow snot rockets in the same pool I am using.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• It's good that you can bathe your kids the way you want and others can do the same :)
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:09 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• I see no problem with it, I don't see how it is anymore gross than washing one kid.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Whatever. I make my kids lick shopping cart handles to build their immune systems.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Now we have turned children bathing together into a debat if it is gross or not,, no grosser than the public pool, swimming in a lake, the ocean or wherever people gather to all "bathe" together.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• I had no problem bathing my kids together when they were little. There are so many other gross things out there, like finding fecal matter in the ice dispenser at Burger King, that I don't think it's that gross.

I guess you don't eat out much. If you did and saw what goes on in a restaurant kitchen, you wouldn't.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Mine always loved bathing together. Now they take showers, also together. They just loved playing in the bathtub, I usualky washed them first and then put the tub for them to play for a little while and really... How filthy do you think I let my children get that they make the water "gross"?

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Hi- Welcome to Answers.

And like PPs stated, it's a good thing you are allowed to raise your child as you see fit.
    And like you stated, you only have one child- it will never be an issue for you or something that will never affect you personally.

So, it's interesting that HOW someone else cleans their child is of more concern than whether or not a child IS clean.

What brought this on? A discussion in groups?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Snot Rockets and Fecal Matter?

It's too early for this stuff- argh/ ick
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2012