With the cost of going to the movies being between $10.50 - $12/ticket....

Do you go to the movies or wait until it's on DVD/Netflix streaming to see it?

I like seeing a movie in the theater but I haven't been to the movies all that often because of the price. It's crazy. I don't even get popcorn because it is way over priced.

robinkane

Asked by robinkane at 11:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2012 in Entertainment

• I go to matinee
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• crying babies, --

ugh..hate that the most! i took ds to see 'Brave', and although we opted for the non-3D version (saved $3/each), some couple just had to bring their baby along with their older kid. now seriously, one of them could've stayed home with the crying baby. it cried the entire time! they'd walk it up/down the stairs, thinking that would shush it, and it would, for the moment..then it'd start again.
    wtcrap is wrong with ignorant parents?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Over priced tickets, over priced concessions, sticky chairs, crying babies, ringing cell phones, the tall guy sitting in front of you, the running commentary behind you, are all reasons why I hate going to the movies.

That's why hubby built this.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:44 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• I forgot about getting my chair kicked, the people behind me coughing without covering their mouths, the sound of wrappers rustling. My husband went to see that Abraham Lincoln movie and said there were toddlers there. I get wanting to see a movie but don't bring little kids to that type of movie!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• ugh..hate that the most! i took ds to see 'Brave', and although we opted for the non-3D version (saved $3/each), some couple just had to bring their baby along with their older kid. now seriously, one of them could've stayed home with the crying baby. it cried the entire time! they'd walk it up/down the stairs, thinking that would shush it, and it would, for the moment..then it'd start again.
    wtcrap is wrong with ignorant parents?

My question is why were they not ushered out? That is not acceptable. You should have said something I bet you 10 to 1 you would have gotten a free return visit. ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• I am super lucky. My father is the manager of a theater and has been my whole life. I have never once paid to see a movie outside of the local dollar theater! ;0) If we had to pay... we would never go! Cost way to much for our family!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Usually we wait. It's 50+ for our family to see a movie. Add treats it's another $30. The movie will be the same whether I pay that or the less than $2.00 for Redbox.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• we go to take the ds. we get snacks and a drink or two..sometimes i bring them. but we always get popcorn..can't go to the movies and not get popcorn!
    on that note, i can't remember the last time just dh/i went to an adult movie...'The Help', i think..and before that, 'Australia'--which really, i could've gone alone on that one. lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• We rarely go to see a movie at the theater because I just don't enjoy it as much as watching a movie at home. I am grossed out by germs, I don't want to hear other people chewing or talking, I don't want to breathe the recycled air, and I can't pause it to pee or rewind it if I didn't hear a line right.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• I rarely go and usually will wait till it is in the dollar theater to go see it. I am making an exception for Brave because DS is dying to go see it!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2012