Going back to work for the first...

Since my son was born. any tips from other working mamas on how to deal with being away from you Lo for since a long time? The most I've been away from is 2-4 hrs and that was for a movie and dinner date with hubby.

Aidensmomma2224

Asked by Aidensmomma2224 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My first week back to work after my dd was born was really hard. I stayed out for 6 months. Thank goodness the day care was across the street from my work and I could pop in during my lunch time. Although it made it harder to go back to work for me and her, separation anxiety. After a while of being back with adults was really nice.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• my child was in private care the first year of his life, then daycare/preschool...he does not resent any of it. believe me, it will be you who has the problem with your leaving him. ds loved being with other kids, and remembers his caretakers, private and public, fondly..often wants to visit the centers when we are in town, to see 'the new kids'. lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• I had to go back to work 8 weeks after my son was born. I started crying the night before. I cried off and on all that day. I made myself call only once to see how he was doing. The first day was the roughest and then it does get easier. My son is almost 3 now and he loves going to the sitter's.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• It's never easy, but it gets easier with time. Esp. if you have a lot of confidence in the person caring for them. They usually do better with it than WE do! :p GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Thanks. The past 18 month's all I've known is how to take care of my son. Lol and it's sad but I have separation anxiety away from him evening going to the store by myself haha. And vice versa. Im so nervous. Im worried he's going to resent me for going back to work.
    Aidensmomma2224

Comment by Aidensmomma2224 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• That's cute. DS loves to be around his cousins.
    Aidensmomma2224

Comment by Aidensmomma2224 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• it sucks..... bottom line, but you will get used to it. and once you get used to it you will realize that you miss your baby that much more and will make up for it as soon as u get home... as soon as i get home i'm greeted with a hug and kiss from my 18 month old and then i jump down on the floor and play cars and trucks and chase him until he's outta breath lol... trust me... it will get better :)
    lovinity

Answer by lovinity at 2:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• It does get better in time.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Been there, done that. I cried a few times. Gave DS lots of hugs when I got home. My friend that watched him would text me photos during the day of his activities. I had a much harder time than he did.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 7:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2012