Anyone ever had laser hair removal?

I have never, ever allowed hair to grow... you know in those unwanted areas. The sightest sight of hair I am removing it. But it can be expensive buying shaving creams, using dove soap or baby powder to avoid nicks and cuts. I am tired of doing it and would love something permanent. Thank God I've never grown hair on my legs. That is one less thing to annoy me. If you have had the laser please let me know about your experience, did it hurt, is it bad on your health? What I mean is there a possible side effect from it? Any information from your experience or someone you know would be helpful.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 1:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Health

• I am currently receiving laser hair removal treatment for my bikini area and upper thighs. It is pretty painful (especially the bikini area) but tolerable. They recommend that you take some Tylenol before your appointment and they also let you use ice on the area before and after to alleviate some of the sting. The bikini area feels like a burn; more like stinging on the leg area. Most people only require 6 treatments per area, but I have super stubborn hair so I've been going every 6-10 weeks for about a year and it's finally starting to lessen. It's still kind of patchy, but my original payment had a lifetime guarantee so I can keep going until I am satisfied with the outcome. There are no health risks as far as I can tell and from what I've read. The only side effect is that immediately afterward, your skin turns red and puffy for a few hours -- but if it does that, they say it means it's working.
    muse76

Answer by muse76 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2009