Do you ever get tired of breastfeeding?

No bashing please. Just a question.

Me I dont per say. I just get to the point were it isnt convenient. Like when my kids (2, 1) Need me to make them lunch like I am trying to do now and the baby needs to be fed. I have only been doing it a month so I havent been able to figure out how to do other things while BFing.

You?

edgpag

Asked by edgpag at 1:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's always hard at first...they say if u can make it past the first 2 weeks you can do it... you will learn ways...whats realy cool is once my son was big enough i bought one of those carries where he is attached to you and if you position it right its the best breastfeeding tool ever.. i could walk down the street blanket over my side and totally breastfeed.... very convenient..

i found it annoying sometimes after a couple months and i couldnt even go to the movies or go out to eat without the baby... i couldnt get the pumping thing down so he was alwwwwaayyss right with me....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i was breastfeeding for 3 months. half BF, half formula. because i didnt produce enough breastmilk and to be honest, it was breaking my heart. i loved to breastfeed. but it just didnt work.

and btw. there is no room for bashing here. because you are only suppose to breastfeed when you are comfortable with it. it doesnt matter if you feed your baby formula or breast milk. feed how ever and whatever makes YOU comfortable. your baby wants a happy mommy and not a stressed mommy.

:)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Not yet. My son is 23 months and I'm due in 2 weeks. The only time I was tired is at around 20 weeks when my nipples were sore. I'm looking forward to tandem nursing both of them.

When my baby was young and I needed to nurse all the time and make lunch or something, I'd just nurse him in the sling so I'd have a free hand(I never got the hang of nursing hands free). It's a nice skill to have. I can do a ton of stuff one handed now, lol.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• it is tiring at first, and not much fun. now i can have my son in the sling or my arm breastfeeding while i cut my 4 year old's steak with the other hand.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I definitely do not get tired of it, but sometimes it can be stressful especially in public. Not because I'm worried about what others think but because it's usualy a big production uncovering and finding the right place and etc etc lol... but that's the only downfall. I LOVE it...my baby girl is 7 months and I dont plan on weaning her for another 2 months... It's a great bonding experience and it's my time to be with my daughter. We have saved a lot of money on formula. I just love to be able to feed my daughter and spend that time with only her!
    ProudMomma2183

Answer by ProudMomma2183 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009