naps

ok. so my 12 week old baby boy will sleep in his crib so good at night but i cant set him down during the day. i can get him to sleep in his crib or swing during the day but the he wakes up within a half hour to forty five minutes. is he waking up becaues that is all the sleep he needs ir because he realizes i am no longer holding him. i swaddle and put a sweater of mine in with him!! what can i do to help him learn to nap better!

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Can you feed him right before the nap? Full tummies can make babies sleepy. So can being nice and warm. It is OK to let a baby nap on demand (wake and sleep as their body tells them to). If your baby wakes up after 45 minutes and doesn't show signs of tiredness throughout the day (being cranky and fussy or falling asleep now that you've picked them up) it could be they don't need any more sleep than that. Have you tried an electronic soother (I have a lights and sounds soother shaped like a turtle. My son loves it)?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• my son is 10 months and does the same thing.. i have spoiled him though and have held him and napped with him and cuddled him so im not complaining- its annoying when i need to do something.. but its my fault. but i don't know about your baby how to get it to sleep during the day.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Both of mine were like that at first, would not nap unless they were held, or in a bouncy seat. I think it was around 4-5 months when they both started to sleep in the crib for naps. It will happen- eventually they become aware that they are more comfortable in their crib.
    mackfamily

Answer by mackfamily at 8:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2009