would u do anything to stay at home?

if you didn't have enough money, would you make your husband/so get 2 or 3 jobs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no... if we got that bad i would try my hardest to get a job.. spoused to be 50-50
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't make him do anything but he would volunteer to get a 2nd job. What he normally does is put in a ton of OT and DT meaning he works 16 hours a day most of the week. He wants me to stay home. We live with family to save money so I can stay home. Works for all of us and the kids get to grow up with my dad in their life.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• um heck no. i would get a job (although i do have one) i was recently a sahm and we got by.. but i wantd to better our family so i got a job 2nd shift so we don't need daycare. the extra 1200 a month is nice now i'm glad i did it :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• This is why the wife needs skills and a resume, to step in when needed. Marriages are not one-sided.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 1:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• if you didn't have enough money, would you make your husband/so get 2 or 3 jobs?

This is a trick question , isn't it? What person in their right mind would make(bad use of word) their husband/So get a 2nd or 3rd job. Get real, she should get a job and let him take a little break while is already working one job. If this would really happen, that man needs to really look at that woman he married.

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i saw someone say they would do ANYTHING to stay at home, what does that even mean?
    Anonymous

• The mom should always stay home, the dad should always work no matter what.
    Anonymous

• When my sons were younger (we had 4 in 5 years) we ran in to a rough patch.. My youngest was just an infant and my oldest was 5. Paying for daycare would have cost a fortune. My husband worked 2 jobs and I baby-sat full time. I didn't make him, I wasn't being lazy. One way he was working from 7-4 at one job and 5-9 delivering pizzas and I was up at 6a after a night of getting up a couple of times with 2 babies (my younger 2 are 16 mos. apart) and by 7a my baby-sitting kids were at the house and I babysat until 5-6p and on the other hand he would have worked from 7-4, I would have been up at 6a and baby-sat all day and then worked from 6-11p. One of us would have been working two jobs. My husband felt that as the husband it was HIS responsibility to work 2 jobs outside the home and mine to be with our sons and get some sleep since I got up at night with our little ones. We both pulled our weight.

Anonymous

• heck no. the line of work i am trained for requires me to be gone for months at a time, but you can bet your booty i am getting further education to make sure i can get a job. currently my husband makes enough that he'd like me to stay at home, but i like having the security of something good to fall back on in the event that i need a job. i would never expect him to have more than 1 job, unless it were 2 part time. 1 full time is more than enough.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My dh/so wanted to get a second fulltime job so I didn't have to work and I wouldn't let him. I am now working full time an dI LOVE it! I love my job, but it makes me feel like a person instead of just a mom and a wife! I think marriage should be 50/50! Sometimes we women forget that we asked for the rights we have, and now we want the man to be the bread winners. I don't thin its fair. He deserves to spend time with his kids too! JMOT
    eykelley

Answer by eykelley at 2:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009