Why are men friendly towards men then woman towards another woman?

Ha! I know I am probably going to get thrown under the bus for this question, but it will prove my point.For instance I have been in a grocery store ( Im not talking all women) and tried to exchange a friendly smile or hello to another woman and she rolls her eyes or give a mean look. I can see a woman entering a room full of women and I watch how they all welcome her. Most stare at her from head to toe comparing her with themselves.. dislike her from the start. On the other hand I see men speaking to one another with a "head up" gesture or hey man comment...what ever guys do to speak. They can play ball together and never met before. Why? You may proceed to throw the rocks at me. I know from experience. I'm considered a very friendly person. Opinions doesn't deem you as unfriendly; I love knowing what others think. Lets see how many agree with me.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 1:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I know what you mean, women are totally like that. Always judging and comparing to each other.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i completely agree- i don't know what it is. but im guilty of this myself and i check myself when i do that. i try to get to the bottom of it but i still can't figure it out! i tend to hate girls when i first meet them then i end up loving them. its something to do with jealously but i don't know what i am jealous about- i'm not ugly or poor anything (meaning i dress well) i have nothing to be jealous of others about but yet there is SOMETHING. but honest to God i've been trying to fix it cause i HATE being like that.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i also agree and always thought that its so much easiar for men to get along i know when my husband and i meet couples alot of times the wife and i dont get along but the men have no problems
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• LOL, you are 100% right! Thats really a shame isn't it?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• because woman have cwazy hormones :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• lmao, i heard a great quote once from a guy, and this question just reminded me of it.. "a guy that has problem with another man, will beat each other up, and be fine the next day.. a girl that has a problem with another girl, will spend days, weeks, months, mind playing (another word was used, trying to stay appropriate though) each other until one of them develops an eatting disorder."
    Yeah, us women can be pretty messed up.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• BUT at the same time. you get two girls that are best friends... together, and someone help you, they are going to tear you apart. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I believe its because most females feel intimated by another female no matter how she may look it could be the way she dress or jus carry herself, cause in there mind they are only think is this someone my man would talk to.....on the other hand guys can get along because this is not a worry to them they feel as if they kno they have everything under control self confidence if u will. now guys thrive off of getting with other guys talkin bout the stuff they would do wit there woman and other women no matter if it is a stranger.Females will not unless they kno the person cause in there head there giving the next woman a reason to want there man. personally i'll speak to anyone i'm a friendly person!! hope to see what everyone else has to say to this...love da question girl
    CANDI_SIRMANS

Answer by CANDI_SIRMANS at 4:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2009