How long did it take if ever?

My daughter had to be switched to soy formula while in the hospital because she kept throwing up regular formula.
My ? is how long was you baby on soy if they ever got to go to regular?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no whole milk before the baby is 12 months old. and it should be the same if you switch from soy to reg.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• No i mean regular formula like similac advaced. she is in similac isomil(SP?) right now.

Sorry I knew it sounded funny. I am doing this one-handed LOL
    Anonymous

• They switched my daughter to the soy because she spit up everything. It worked for about a month and then they switched her back and she was fine.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 2:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would have a milk allergy test done to make sure shes not allergic to regular formula since it contains milk. If you dont have a history for family allergies to milk you can try on your own to see what happens. Sometimes babies systems are so sensitive they are lactose intolerant as a new borns and then they grow out of it. if you question anything talk to your pediatrician.
    AllyMarie107

Answer by AllyMarie107 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• for the same reasons of kinzleysmommy- it took about 3 months and i took him back off soy.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• make sure it's not a milk allergy. my daughter is 4 and drinks soy milk. she cannot tolerate dairy. she was on soy formula at 3 weeks old and switching back didn't work.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My son was on soy for about 6 months before he went right to whole milk, but he was on soy to help with poop problems, not because he spit up.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Are you still making milk? I would suggest trying to nurse her and see if that is easier on her stomach. When my older kids were formula fed, I never had issues...so I cannot help much more than that.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 4:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2009