• In the Spotlight:

What is the best mop?

I have hard wood floors and I can't find anything that I think actually gets them clean! I have tried the swifter and the steam vacuum. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I like the swifer because it's pads are disposable. I use a textured wash cloth to get up areas with alot of tracking and spray the tough spots before I go over them to let them get soft and easy to remove. I wouldn't want to go back to a rag type mop and a bucket.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 2:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• swiffer= chemicals. ick. i've yet to find a really good one. hopefully someone has.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I use Mop & Glow for wood floors. When they don't seem to get clean, this usually means that they have just gotten dull. Mop & Glow restores the shine and makes the floor look cleaner and brighter.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 4:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• ...seems like I didn't answer the question...trying to say that the mop may not be the problem. I apply the Mop & Glow with a damp rag. Works better than a sponge mop.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 4:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2009