Where to begin, Can you point in the right direction?

I am interested in Billing and coding but don't know what or where to start :/
I'd prefer online classes but after everything is said and done will it have been worth it I mean earning the money?

Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2012 in Money & Work

• Is there a community college naerby where you could take some classes? Usually real classtime "speaks" better to employees than online classes.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Agree with whitepeppers^^^ especially if you have no medical experience prior. You will not understand.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• It depends on where you live. Medial billing could be a good thing to get into if there re a lot of jobs available in your area.
    bigfun1

Answer by bigfun1 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• I worked for an insurance company that provided claims adjustments for self-funded companies. A lot of companies have their own insurance in-house and do their own claims processing. Some have their own department set aside, some allow you do work from home. You will have to build a report with those companies if you want to work from home or establish you own type of business. Its not all that difficult. Transcription is however. Medical billing isnt. There are programs that you will need for you computer, these are expensive. The programs must be updated every few weeks cuz the government changes their UCR codes almost daily. The programs do most of the work. Its a great deal of key-punch. If you can find someone who already does medical billing and go work for them until you learn...that would be my suggestion/advice. As far as job security, its a great field. As long as there are doctors, they will need billing. Good Luck.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Myfriend took the classes at a CC ad she was hired right after she graduated. That was not a work from hoome job BTW.
    I can not say how many of those jobs are out there. I can say that she seems happy and satisfied.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Community College.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• I agree with pp ^
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2012