I WANT TO RELACTED ENY HELP?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't understand the question
    PassionBomb

Answer by PassionBomb at 2:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Need more information. How old is the baby? How long has it been since you nursed? Will the baby latch on to the breast? Tell me more about you and your baby.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• OH! She means "relactating"?!

Still not getting "eny" though.
    Anonymous

• It is possible, but it can take lots of work. The best thing for you to do if you are serious about relactating is to contact in IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) who can help you. If you live in OR, let me know and I'll PM you my fave reference.

Here is a link where you can learn more, and you can use their search engine to find an IBCLC in your area;
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html

MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 4:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• You can relacatate or even induce lactation if you've never had kids. Relactation can take a lot of work. The sooner it was that you breastfed, the easier it will be. I highly recommend the link above to kellymom.com. Also, look into La Leche League, they are an international breastfeeding support group that hosts monthly meetings, all free.

The first step will be to pump as often as you can, even though nothing comes out. This will start to stimulate milk production. Also try herbs like fenugreek to encourage supply. If you can, get a supplemental nursing system, this feeds baby formula from a tube while they are latched to the breast.

HTH, good luck!
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 4:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2009