after you have the baby (name)

how long do the doctors give you to name your baby??
me and the hubby wanna see the baby first nd pick which name we have matches him better =)
no more arguing about which name to choose lol which ever one fits him best will be his name =)

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• At least till you leave the hospital
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 2:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• you have to have the name before yo leave the hospital
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I chose my children's name a week after we'd arrived home. No one would *force* anything!   I needed to see how these names felt for these new people.   Their gender was a surprise each time, we needed to sit & think about it all...

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• They give you to the time you leave to fill out the bc form.
    Anonymous

• I have a friend who didn't name her little boy for 3 months. I didn't fill out dd1's birth certificate until a week after we'd been home, because the woman who filed them was on vacation. I had to wait until she came back.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• What makes you think the doctors have any say in how long it takes you to name a baby?
    The doctors can't "make" you choose a name, and certainly not within any amount of time.
    Although, your province/state may have a rule for when they want you to file for the birth. (Canada it's 30 days.)
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Doctors can't make you choose a name for your child. Although, in the hospitals down here if you leave before filing a name for the child, the birth certificate comes in "Baby" or "Infant" with your Last Name. And then you have to file to have the name changed later on. You have until the day you leave the hospital (when they bring up the forms for the birth certificate) to choose a name if you want it on the Birth Certificate. (At least, that's how it is down here in LA, TX, and MS.)
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 4:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• You can name your baby whenever, but if you do it after you leave the hospital you'll have to pay to file the name.
    Anonymous