What can I do about hair loss after having a baby

I had my son 4 months ago and I noticed when I took a bath I seen more hair floating around more then usaully then I was around family and 3 of them told me I had a bald spot but I didn't realize till today and I'm freaking out because it's the front of my head & I have no clue what to do

mrsneal88

Asked by mrsneal88 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2012 in Health

• most likely, its temporary and typical of post-partum mommas to experience some hairloss, noticeably 4-6months post. unfortunately, we usually notice it in the front hairline.
    it should stop, and return to normal (whatever your normal was) in the coming months. in the meantime, try styling your hair with a different part, or consider getting a new longer/fringe bang cut..or deal with it, as it is most likely temporary.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2012

• Dull is right, there isn't much you can do to stop the hair loss - it's all hormonal.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 11:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Yup, it sucks so bad I had it with both my pregnancies 3 months after the babies were born it woulds start and I shed both times for 6 weeks straight non stop - and lost a ton of hair. I still had not recovered from the first time so I lost ALOT of hair, it is better now, but it will never be the same. It is scary, there is nothing you can do, stressing makes it worse, eat good & do not stop taking your vitamin, take it easy on your hair, wash every 2 days. It was so depressing & some women are so lucky & never have it. It will get better though, it is going to take TIME.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2012