No period for months and not pregnant.

I didnt get my period in 5months so i got a blood test done. All negative and the doctor said im ok. its still strange not getting my period. anyone else dealing with the same?if so what did your doctor say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Health

• My sister had the same problem. She didnt get her period for years and the doctor said that she is alright.

Im not sure what exactly is causing the missing periods. but in my opinion its something with your hormons.

if you are worried then you might want to ask a different doctor. its never wrong to get a 2nd opinion.

wish you good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• When I was like 17 I weighted like 110, my healthy weight is 125-130lbs. I didn't get my period for about 6mos, not til my weight was back to normal.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• sorry about all the "likes"
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• If you are to big or to small, weight wise. You can have that problem Some times your hormones are out of wake for know apparentreason. Something could be wrong with your uterus or overies.

It could be a lot of things. menopause it an option to.

Answer by louise2 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Here is some info: http://www.frankfordhospitals.org/healthinfo/adult/gyneonc/polycyst.html
    I went for years without an answer. I am 43 and can count on both hands how many times Ive had a period. Did the doctor check your hormonal levels? STress, eating habits, hormones, low estregen levels, marijuana use, medications and alot of other reason can be the cause. Dont let your doctor blow you off. Get your information. Remember its your body.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2009