Starving for labor adult content

This is a completely theoretical question. I DO NOT plan on trying this or anything other labor inducing tricks. I was just reading online about why castor oil would trigger labor and I was wondering if not eating and letting your stomach get all rumbly would work. It said that people think castor oil works because it irritates your bowels which rubs up against the uterus and triggers contractions. Wouldn't not eating do the same thing without all the gruesome diarrhea? I suppose if it did you'd be really tired during labor unless you started eating when it triggered but isn't that still better than explosive diarrhea?

xHeiligx

Asked by xHeiligx at 1:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2012 in Pregnancy

• hope your labor goes smoothly & as close to plan as possible for you!!!
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 9:12 AM on Jul. 5, 2012

• you can eat in the hospital!!!! just tell them to fuck off im eating. they dont want you to eat during labor because the risks of death (mother & infant) are sooooooo high (yeah right) they want to be able to put you under for a c section and that can make you wanna barf then choke & die...

sorry i know that wasnt your question but i just wish more people knew that if you want it or dont want it its your decision not the dr. not the nurse, unless you sign your decisions away or become unconscience but they usually have you sign something saying who has say if you do

as for starving yourself into labor. its possible but it happens to protect your body from starving more. it goes along the same lines of if you "miscarry" because you are too unhealthy for pregnancy. the body is an amazing thing and does a lot more than people realize to keep you alive.
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 9:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2012

• You'll be wishing for food in the hospital soon enough. At least with me, the nurses wouldn't let me eat anything once I was officially checked in. I sneaked a few bites of my boyfriend's lunch, but you don't get any food in case you have to undergo an emergency C-section and be put under, in which case it's a bad idea to have anything in your stomach. In my opinion, it's better to let nature take its course. Besides, I urge you to enjoy these last big belly days, even if you are uncomfortable. I sometimes miss being pregnant, maybe because I know I won't get to experience it again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2012

• I waited ,and did not try any if the self induction stuff I think it is better to wait ,I k.ow u are waiting but I really don't get why some poeple don't tho
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2012

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb_AcnR5Tw8

here is a safer alternative

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Good Girl! It'll be here before you know it! Have a great day tomorrow! Going to bed!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2012

• July 24th but I'm not trying this crap I'm waiting.
    xHeiligx

Comment by xHeiligx (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2012

• When's your due date Heilig?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2012

• I am totally against any type of self induction. Period. Most are dangerous, not realistic, will wear you out, and don't work. Due dates are an estimate. And you would be amazed what an extra week can do. I hate castor oil, it can cause baby to pass meconium in the womb. Starving yourself doesn't sound to terribly healthy either. lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Nope... bad idea. You need the nutrients and calories for labor. It is hard work and you need to be well stocked to get through the labor. And castor oil doesn't work either... it just gives you the horrible shits.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2012