your husband looking up his ex girlfriend online then calling and texting

would you tolerate your husband googling up his ex then calling her on the phone and texting , and when you say something to him about it he say's your feelings are stupid that nothings going on

rachael596

Asked by rachael596 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• NO we would have to have a very long serious talk and it would probably end with me kicking his a**!!!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would not be happy at all! He would know it too, she may as well. I dont think that is very respectful of you if he were to do that..what is the reason of looking her up? I mean really, what is the reason? She is an EX girlfriend for a reason...leave her at that...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• No, I can honestly say that I would not be ok with that. My ex has had some contact with his ex,but only because they have a child together. If they did not, I would expect him not to be calling or texting her. I also would not except his answer of your feelings are stupid...doesn't sound quite right.
    Hope everything turns out okay for you.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I myself couldn't handle it as why does he think he needs contact now? If he doesn't have a logical answer -- I'd pull the plug on the cell phone and cut off the Internet. Then see how bad he needs to remain in contact -- if he still finds another way, then you know what to do before it happens. Counseling!!! Take care and good luck!!
    Squirrel1001

Answer by Squirrel1001 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I had the opposite issue sorta. My dhs ex fiancee found him on myspace and added him as a friend and started to call. He couldnt understand why LOL. I told him she wants your body haha. Anyway he ended up deleting her because after I said that he felt uncomfortable. I never even had to say anything beyond that to him. I would sit down and ask him why he added her and if he has some unresolved issue with her? And if he does tell him to write her a letter or go see a counselor but you arent comfortable.

Answer by gemgem at 2:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• there is no way.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• no, i wouldn't... I would ask him why he thinks it's stupid.. how would he feel if you looked up one of your exes and called them? Find out reasons why he is calling her.. my so has friends that are exes, and that's okay because I know WHY they broke up and I know nothing will ever happen again, but if that's the case with your hubby, you need to know why so you can understand and give into trusting.. if he continues to hid those reasons from you, he's not allowing you the right to make a choice, only assumptions, which will cut into the trust you both are suppose to be sharing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Tolerate it? How about find out why he's doing it. He may not be happy the way things are with the two of you and is thinking only if.
    Anonymous

• My hubby and I both have our exes as friends. Then again we both have each others passwords and give access to everything. There is total trust. I know he has conversations with his ex via email. I think a few times they've spoken on the phone. He has never left the room when they've had conversations. That's key to take note of. We've talked about it. We've agreed on terms of exes and friends of the opposite sex. I think that as partners you should have ground rules set but also trust. Once their is an understanding of what is ok and what is not then those lines should never be crossed. You can't erase your past. She's in the past for a reason. As long as he isn't secretive and hiding important details from you may not need to worry.
    mama_lou

Answer by mama_lou at 5:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i stay in touch with my ex fiance and my husband is getting use to it...we were friends way before we were dating...i dont see a problem with it as long as nothing else is going one
    pebbles425

Answer by pebbles425 at 6:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009