How did you feel the moment after you had your baby?

I don't like to admit it but it wasn't love at first sight with me! It actually took me several weeks to be in love with her! Everyone always talks about the love they felt the moment they saw their baby and i didn't have that feeling!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my first, it was just complete bewilderment at what had just happened. I was in awe at what was going on! With my second, it was most definitely love at first sight.
    kathleen2603

Answer by kathleen2603 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I was glad she was out of me. I was tired of being pregnant.

Answer by louise2 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Exhausted. Like you, it took a while to feel more like a mother and less like a baby-sitter wondering when the parents were going to realize their mistake and come take their baby away from me.

From what I've read since, that dewy-eyed moment of pure love that we hear about and fantasize about happens to very few women but most don't want to admit it. Why? Because everyone says we were supposed to so there must be something wrong with us. Something that keeps us from being the "perfect mother". It does women like you and me a large disservice. We didn't have that earth-shattering moment of love and we are still great moms.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I agree with kathleen. SO MUCH was going on right after she was pulled out that I didn't really have a chance to fall in love right away. I didn't feel total relief from the pressure until I delivered the placenta...and then the doctor didn't numb me when he sewed up my second degree tear. They'd already turned off my epidural, so I felt every little prick of that damn needle. Aaaughhh. I would rather have had quiet time immediately after she was born, but I can't have everything my way and I do realize that it was necessary to sew me up and such immediately, lol.

So I guess I'd describe it as amazement, like an out of body experience. It didn't feel like it was happening to me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I felt love, relief, happiness!!! I was in love with her the minute I found out I was pregnant, I felt relief that she was healthy and okay. And so happy that she was finally here and I wans't pregnant anymore!!
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 2:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My first feeling was relief. I knew I was going to be able to walk without pain or falling over!!!

It took me a couple of weeks to really bond with him, but we had some other major issues....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i was soo happy!! i hate being preggo.andi was amazed i had just push a baby out
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• relief & a sudden, undiscribable rush of emotion. i dont know if it was b/c of my baby or the fact that i just accomplished one of life's greatest things...or if it was b/c i was being sewn up (i tore) & just glad i was no longer pregnant haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• HOLY SHIT I'M GONNA DIE!! Serouisly, we really didn't know if I was gonna make it but when he came out, It was love at first sight, then it was ok got to fight!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• my first it was love at first site, then fear. my second, it was love, then knowing we would have to let him go. my third, it was strange, i didn't have that instant connection, but i sure do love him now.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2009