How long after the baby dropped did labor begin for you?

So, I am only 33 weeks, so I can't have this baby anytime soon. This is my third in three years. However, I have never had my baby drop so drastically before! I woke up Thursday morning and was shocked at how far she had dropped! I actually ended up in Labor and Delivery that night due to cramping that came every 5 minutes on the dot. I believe this was all due to her dropping. Anyhow, I am terrified that she wants to come early. Just wondering if anyone dropped this early and still carried til full term?

kathleen2603

Asked by kathleen2603 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My baby dropped around 6 or 7 months and she went full term.
    Anonymous

• I have had 3 babies in 2 1/2 yrs. all c-sections. with my first 2 they never dropped so I never dilated so I had c-sec. with my 3rd knowing i HAD to have a c-sec she dropped in labor at 38wk and 1 day and I dilated to 5cm so they did an emergency c-sec. But like SO many have said on here it can be today or it can be 6wks from now. GOOD LUCK.

Oh I dont know if this helps. But my first my son, my water broke at 34wks. And he was born 3days later. He spent 2wks in the NICU and not is almost 3 and has no lasting problems.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 2:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I dropped maybe around 39 weeks. I was induced at 40w6d.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• mine dropped 2-3 months before I had him.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Thanks for the answers ladies!!!
    kathleen2603

Answer by kathleen2603 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My son dropped 3months before i gave birth. The dropping is just position changings. They might prepare for birth but aren't ready yet.
    SamTTC

Answer by SamTTC at 2:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• my son just barely dropped at 36 weeks..im going on 37 on wednesday and still no sign of labor...
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Thanks! It's just nerve wracking for me, because my other 2 never dropped (that I was aware of ).....
    kathleen2603

Answer by kathleen2603 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My first dropped about a month before she was born, but with my last she dropped almost two full months before she was born. the DR could not believe she stayed in there until her due date, he thought for sure she would be early. He talked a lot about what would happen if she was born early and what would happen. It was a strange feeling to have a baby so low in your body, i could feel every little head turn she made in my pubic area! :P
    ItsAlwaysSunny

Answer by ItsAlwaysSunny at 2:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009