Stimulus check?

Are we getting a stimulus check this year? If so, when?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nope were getting a tax credit from my understanding. Basically everyone regardless of income is getting either 500 or 1000 in the form of a credit. So lets say you have 2 kids and you get the 1000 for each you will get another 1000 just because if youre married under this. I read that it would apply to 08 taxes so we MAY get a rebate of some kind. Of course if you owe then you would subtract what you owe from that 500 or 1000 and thats what you get back. If you owe nothing you could get a check for the full amount. That is how I understand it at this moment. Of course that could change once its signed and official.

Answer by gemgem at 2:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• No they are not giving us any more money, just tax credits.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• No, and who cares anyway...
    Anonymous

• No stimulus checks and no new credits other than if you are a new homeowner, and paid property taxes.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2009