• In the Spotlight:

hospital bag question...

when you packed your hospital bag did you really need everything they said you needed to bring..for example the home pillow with two home pillow cases?and deodorant?

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never took my own pillow, never needed it. I was good to go with the following:
    Cosmetics (like deodorant, toothbrush, etc...)
    Slippers
    Robe
    contacts/glasses
    a book to read
    clothes to go home in for me and baby

That's really all I needed.
    kathleen2603

Answer by kathleen2603 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I didn't need any pillows or cases either. The one thing I'd add to the list above...chapstick. You'd be surprised how dry your lips get when you can't drink anything. And something my Mom did was bring a bottle of champagne. It was nice to have a small celebration.
    The best is yet to come.
    Mommy2Bears

Answer by Mommy2Bears at 3:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would check with the hospital you plan on delivering with. I had to go to a military hospital and they told me specificly that they had no extra pillows and the ones they had were crap (honestly I didnt expect such honesty from a military place) Ask the Labor and Delivery Ward what they have and what THEY recomend you bring
    mylady13135

Answer by mylady13135 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i suggest pillows and blanket, your gonna be there a couple days might as well be comfy. Here at the hospitals the blankets and pillows are thin and crappy. I reccomend deoderant fi you dont want to smell awful. i sweat so I always bring mine.
    Anonymous

• think about what will make your stay more comfortable. Do you have a favorite blanket that is comfy? a perfect pair of slippers? mp3 player? hair ties? Pack whatever is going to get you through a couple of days there as comfortably as possible. The essentials are really just a change of clothes for you and the baby to go home in, anyting else you can pretty much get there. Your own stuff just might be more enjoyable :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009