• In the Spotlight:

Do Walmart's clothes really fall apart?

Are they as cheap as everyone claims them to be? I just got my income tax check and my daughter need a whole new wardrobe. Should I just go to Walmart or spend the $ at Childrens Place, Gap etc.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't usually pick walmart as my number one place to shop but i also don't run to the gap either. I love going to kohls. They have good prices and i've never had problems. I've bought clothes at walmart and never had a problem before.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 3:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• like fall off your body into pieces? no..

lol at least mine never had. i dont really shop at wal mart for clothes because i dont like their selections. but ill sometimes find some stuff there i like and ill buy them and they have never fallen apart or anything.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I buy wal-mart clothes for dd to play in, and none of them have fallen apart. The George line of clothes are sturdy as are the Granimal.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I love Wal-Mart, but that's just my personal opinion. I've never really noticed a difference between the quality of their clothes and other places. L.E.I. and Taylor Swift have a new collection there right now, I REALLY love that stuff. Depending on how old your daughter is, she would probably love that stuff. It's really cheap compared to their usual clothes =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I buy alot of my daughters clothes at WalMart and I am very happy with them. I have never really had any fall apart per say. some may have lost a button or had a string hanging but none have fallen apart. If you are looking for inexpensive Baby Depot in Burlington Coat Factory has alot of clothes that don't cost much and are a good quality. I got my daughters whole summer wardrobe for last year there for about $80. I like WalMart clothes and I have never had an issue with them falling apart. Old Navy has great clothes too and if you look in there clearance section you can get some great deals.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i buy all of my DDs clothes at wal-mart (unless its a special occasion outfit) and not a single one has fallen apart. she doesnt wear them long enough for me to go spend big $$ on clothes for her.

ive been buying some clothes at wal-mart for the past 6 years & ive never had any clothing fall apart or become unwearable b/c of normal everyday wear.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• The seams come out kind of often, but that's easy to fix. My kids generally grow out of them before they are ruined.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I dont get alot from walmart in terms of my kids clothes. I have found places like the childrens place and old navy have better quality things and in fact right now the childrens place is having a great sale. I would go there.

Answer by gemgem at 3:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My 3 year old son is wearing my 9 year old's old walmart blue jeans today. no holes in any seams, no fading, nothing. you can't even tell they are that old. so NO if you take care of clothes they don't fall apart.
    Anonymous

• If it was made in China yes!
    Anonymous