I need info on how to write a dear birthmother letter

I am in the beginning stages of trying to adopt a child and I am starting to write a dear birthmother letter and need to know everything to
include in it. If anyone has any info on this subject I would very much appreciate it
Thank you,

shawnee316

Asked by shawnee316 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Adoption

• Be truethful. Tell about your family, your likes and dislikes, your faith, your job, anything that will give insight to who you and your family are. You want the bmom to know who she is picking, or potentially picking. When I was looking through the letters, I looked for similarities to me and the bfather. There is no right or wrong information to put in the letter. Each bmom and/or bfather has different criteria.
    IZs_mommy

Answer by IZs_mommy at 5:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• be carefull. these letters sometimes makes people change their mind and they do have 90 days to do so.. just be carefull.. other then that i did a box, where you cute a little hair and a foot print, and stuff in a box with a letter..
    Anonymous

• This is an extremely common question - which may be why you aren't getting tons of answers. Have you done a search on "letter" in this category?
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I dont think the first answerer knows what she it talking about
    Anonymous

• Write from your heart, make your letter personal, write what you would like the expectant parent(s) to know about you, your family, your beliefs, and how you would raise that child. If your are with an agency they usually have guidelines you can follow and certain amount of pages and pictures, an dif your not like another poster said to do a search on it.
    waiting4-2

Answer by waiting4-2 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• As a birthmother, too, I agree with the last poster. Be HONEST. Share what is important to you, and those things will speak to the right birthmother. I know as I read profiles, (this was 18 yrs ago) one of the profiles just clicked with me and I knew they were the parents for my baby.
    amyis38

Answer by amyis38 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2009