What can I do with my over dyed jeans? :(

I finally got around to coloring my son's jeans in the knee area because they were so faded but it did give a really nice new look except I took it upon my self to pour the dye powder directly in the knee area and let it sit bc they were so badly faded I just couln't believe it would do such a good of a job. (this is what I wanted to do) stupid me...anyway I did follow the rest of the instructions but now the knee area is too dark and stainy looking....I am worse shape then before :(
I have already locked in the color by drying them in the dryer.
Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You could try giving them an acid-wash look by putting 50/50 bleach and water in a spray bottle and spraying the jeans all over, but just a little more on the darker areas. A very fine mist will produce the best results. Let them sit for a few minutes, then wash. The jeans will be spotted all over, but you won't notice the darker areas so much.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 4:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• the only thing I can think of is bleach them entirely and then start over with the color. BUT that might make the material thin out a bit.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 3:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• ZaTa's idea is all I can think of, too. and I have the same worry about damaging the fabric. How about getting another package of die and doing the whole pair of pants this time, it will make the whole pair darker, of course, but maybe the knees would match better.

Answer by Bmat at 3:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• rit dye maks a color remover that you could try and the recolor the whole pants. Good luck
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 5:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009