How do you feel about High Fructose Corn syrup?

This about covers my feelings...

It's not naturally occuring and I wish they would quit pretending it was.  

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2012 in Food & Drink

• I agree with you. We cut it out of our diet over a year ago. The stuff is everywhere these days. You even have to check bread for it. Ugh.

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• i love it. as much as i love vodka.
    as in all things, moderation.

Answer by dullscissors at 4:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• We have a HFCS-free home. My oldest gets weird any time he has it, even if it's just a little bit. I could tell when he had some of the school's ketchup, so I had to start sending him with our ketchup in his lunches so he wouldn't eat the stuff they have at his school. I wish they would stop putting that crap in everything.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Yummy!

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• I agree. It would be okay in moderation but with everything pretty much having some of it in the products its hard to buy food.

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• it really screws my sugar levels up (hypoglycemic) so i do my best to avoid it, but for those it doesnt mess with its fine in moderation, like most things.

Answer by okmanders at 5:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• I ended up sending treats to Jacob's school that he gets when the other kids bring something and it contains HFCS. His teachers have seen how weird it makes him, so they keep the treats I send in their desk drawers.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• I have to admit, I know people are against it, but I never investigated as to why. I know if a product doesn't have it, I would be more likely to choose it, but I'm not going to skip a product because it does.

Answer by hootie826 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• hootie, there are several links to articles here:!/BanOfHFCS

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Also, some people are much more sensitive to it than others. Like I said, it makes my 10 year old act very weird. My grandmother can't tolerate it at all because it irritates the lining of her stomach. She has eaten some fruit jelly with it and was sick for days.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2012