If you inherited a large amount of money from you parents....

The will is unbreakable.
The sibs have basically used their portion of the inheritance while the parents were alive and the parents indicated that in the will and that was the reason that they were receiving the bare minimum of $100.00 each.

What would you do?

Would it matter if one or more of the sibs really needed the money?

Would it matter if they were really angry (the sibs)?
Would it matter if they threatened to never see you again?
Would it matter if they were good to your parents or crappy?

This is hypothetical

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 5:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2012 in Money & Work

• Would it matter if one or more of the sibs really needed the money? They should have been smarted with their inheritance. i would of coarse LOAN the money if they hit a real hardship.

Would it matter if they were really angry (the sibs)? NOPE again their fault

Would it matter if they threatened to never see you again? NOPE, I would buy a farewell gift if they pulled that one

Would it matter if they were good to your parents or crappy? Nope

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• It depends on how they spent the money they had already gotten and how they treated our parents. If they threaten to walk away over money then it is see ya later, have a nice life.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• If they had already gotten and spent their share of the inheritance nothing would matter.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• well, my brother is better off than i am and i hate my sister so i'd say "fuck 'em" they wouldn't give a crap about me so why should i bother helping them
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• SHOULD it matter? no. but WOULD it? yes, because i'm just that sort of human.
    if it was just an anger issue, they'd get over it..i'm sure the anger comes from a long line of incidences that i can neither change nor fix. you can't control what others do..just how you react to it.
    if they needed the money? it would depend on why they needed it. had they squandered their finances (like their inheritance) and dug a huge hole of debt all by their little angry selves, then no..they wouldn't learn anything by my giving my part to them. if they were naked and hungry, i'd clothe and feed them, sure..basic survival needs.
    threatened to stay away..eh, big deal. they don't make an effort now!
    bad to parents? HECK NO would they see any of my part of the inheritance.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• It would depend on if we all knew beforehand how much would be left to us, and they used their share knowing that was it.
    I would help them, if they needed it. But if they were just being greedy and wanted it because they wanted it, I wouldnt.
    People can threaten to be in my life, or not in it at all, its their personal choice, and I never let ultimatums influence the decisions I make.
    I know money can make people turn ugly, and if it started that way, I would cut contact with them, myself for a while, let them know why, and have that be it. I dont need the negativity on top of the loss.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• I would take the money and move to the ocean,, LOL,, I guess because my brother is a doctor and he got the money prior,, he could earn his,, LOL,, acutally I would probably share the money if they really needed it.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Hypothetically, they can come visit anytime they want. If they ever stole from me, that would be different.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• What would you do? Enjoy my inheritance.

Would it matter if one or more of the sibs really needed the money? Nope. They chose to spend money they didn't actually have.

Would it matter if they were really angry (the sibs)? I'd be sorry they were mad. However, it was their choice to piss away that money.

Would it matter if they threatened to never see you again? I'd hold the door open for them to walk out of my house and my life.

Would it matter if they were good to your parents or crappy? Their relationship between them and my parents is THEIRS. I would give more weight to their relationship with me.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• To be perfectly honest, that just couldn't happen. My brother is very much better off than I am and he's more likely to waive his share so I could get it ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2012