If you are on government assiatance...

How do you raise your children? How dare you be a burden to society? How dare we not have any say in how you raise your child and what you do with your life? This, if you cannot tell, is satire. It means that just b/c there is a woman w/14 children who happens to be splayed all over the news who may or may not be receiveing P.A. why is her life any more our business than any other mother or whomever else is receiving P.A.? It isn't. Why do we feel that it becomes our business b/c they are our tax dollars? There is a standard percentage of tax taken out of your check each pay period so what difference does it make if it goes to this high profile mother or another mother in need? It is about the children of these women who have fallen on hard times or have made unwise decisions. Whatever happened to taking care of our children?

micrespo

Asked by micrespo at 3:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "I don't agree with any welfare. Take care of yourself. I'll bet if the welfare programs were done away with, these people would find some way to make some money. They know there is that safety net and that makes them lazy. Sorry if you don't like my answer."

I also don't agree with that answer. I DO agree that people who are on welfare and who can, should look for a job. There are however some people who simply can not work. Persons who are disabled and can not work are sometimes on welfare. Should we just say "Forget you, go get a job?" because we don't want our tax dollars supporting them? Maybe a mom who got pregnant who could afford one kid suddenly has triplets. Do we tell her the same thing even if she can't afford child care to get a job? There ARE exceptions. Not everyone abuses the system.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Well, there is a difference between getting pregnant on accident, falling on hard times, etc. and getting pregnant ON PURPOSE WITH 8 babies and not being able to afford them. If she got pregnant thinking that welfare would take care of her-thats wrong.
    Anonymous

• I dont care about the mom with octuplets. I think its her life and her choice. I do care about welfare but maybe not the same as some. I think if you need help then thats cool, been there done that and got off my ass and got a job and an education as soon as possible because honestly you cannot live a decent life on govt assistance and I feel for those who think they can. It wasnt how I was raised and not how I wanted my kids raised. There are too many opportunities in this country to do nothing with your life.So for those on hard time hey get the help thats what its there for. But if you live on it, never improve yourself, and etc etc then I think the govt should cut you off. Welfare isnt supposed to be a career after all.

Answer by gemgem at 3:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• over all i think people need to learn to take care of them self and i think that of you are gonna have 14 kids then you need to be able to take care of them.. and yeah it doesnt affect my taxs but for real the more people on welfare ect the more of our taxes money goes to that when it could be going to schools
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 4:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I don't agree with any welfare. Take care of yourself. I'll bet if the welfare programs were done away with, these people would find some way to make some money. They know there is that safety net and that makes them lazy. Sorry if you don't like my answer.
    Anonymous

• Bottom line it should be about the welfare/best interetss of the children NOT so much the mother which seems to be overlooked in this debate of assistance.
    Children do not ask for this,so someone needs to be there voice.
    I feel do not abuse the system but do not throw someone to the side on what they need or feel because they ask for help or they are less valued than someone who does need a hand up,not a hand out.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• you know what im from denmark and back home there are programs and stuff but if you dont actively look for a job then they kick you out.. and we dont have that many homeless at all compared to here.. there are ways nothing wrong with needing help but... BUT some people are on welfare when they dont have to be..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 4:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• The whole point is: TRY TO PREVENT PREGNANCY IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT AFFORD CHILDREN! Now if you happen to get pregnant despite your efforts, then there should be programs available to you for assistance.
    loyo3000

Answer by loyo3000 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• If she went and had invitro, not once but twice, JUST HOW DO YOU LABLE THAT FALLING ON HARD TIMES?
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Buffrie95.....Did you not see the line that said "or have made unwise decisions" ?
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2009