Any suggestions?

My SO and I don't see each other during the week as our jobs take us into 2 different states. On the weekend we are both home. To make a long story short, we've been together 2 years. When we first met, he told me "i wish we could be together 24/7 but I know our careers won't allow for that". Now the statement is "I can't be with you 24/7. I can't be smothered". Why do men's attitudes change so much once the chase is over? I KNOW he loves me and I KNOW he would never cheat on me, but it's hard because I love him so much. I DO want to be with him all the time on the weekend. I know I am entirely too emotionally tied to him, so how can I decrease that dependence upon him? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Because "the chase" is the most exciting part. After the spark's stop flying, reality sets in. That's when you have to decide wheather to stick it out or move on. Sounds like you really love your guy. Now find out if he feels the same...
    I think it could be one of two things:

a) He might love you just as much as you love him, but he's just feeling like you're being overbaring
    b) He doesn't feel the same way about you as you do him

A is worth saving
    B, you gotta move on
    loyo3000

Answer by loyo3000 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2009