I have eggplants and cauliflower and have no idea what to do with them!! Help !

Nothing fried though... Either baked or steamed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2012 in Food & Drink

• I slisced my egg plants uper thin and spinkled em with salt and left them in the colendar to drain. I got hamburger and soft cheese and herbs with bread crumbs and an egg and salt and pepper. Chopped nd mixed into a nice mush. Got down a pan a put a tiny bit of olive oil in and rinsed the eggplant (after about 30 min) put a layer of eggplant them the mush the a little tomato sauce more eggplan mush and sauce ending with sauce. Bake at 350 for about 45 minuts to 1 hour.
    Steam the cauliflower and make a rue. Add milk to the rue and simmer andd in grated cheddar chees and cook a tiny bit longer.
    Take the cooked cauliflower out and poutr over the sauce. Take out the eggplant lasagna and allow to stand 5-10 minutes and serve with bread
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Babaganoush.
    Bake the eggplant in the oven for about 1 hour. When cooled scoop out the flesh into a food processor. Add 1 - 2 cloves of garlic, lemon juice, mayo, and a TBS of tahini. Process until smooth. Serve on pita chips. It's so good.

You can also make ratatouile or caponata with the eggplant.

I love roasted cauliflower. Cut into small florets, place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil, and some salt. Bake at 450 until it turns brown.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• I agree with all of the above, or you can just slice and brush the eggplant with olive oil, cut the cauliflower and toss it with olive oil. spread them on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder and roast in the oven. Delicious.

I like to slice and dip the eggplant in beaten eggs then in bread crumbs. Put a cookie cooling rack on a baking sheet. Place the breaded eggplant on the rack and spray with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees until tender, then drizzle with marinara sauce.....so yummy!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• 'I love roasted cauliflower. Cut into small florets, place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil, and some salt. Bake at 450 until it turns brown.'

Yes! also good to add some curry powder to it before hand and serve with chicken!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Slice and soak the eggplant in salt water.drain thoroughly. Brush with garlic infused olive oil and grill...pour on a little homemade marinara and a little provolone cheese...so good!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• eggplant pasta salad, one of the food network chefs had a great recipe. i think that little hot italian giada bitch it was.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• I just steam the cauliflower. I do not know what to do with eggplant sense I do not eat it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Eggplant parmesan! Slice it, bread it and bake it, then add tomato sauce and mozzarella.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• i put eggplant in my spaghetti sauce. cauliflower - eat it raw with ranch, steam and mash and season like mashed potatoes or mix into mashed potatoes.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• You can make eggplant Parmesan baking the breaded eggplant instead of frying.
    My mil grills sliced eggplant and serves it with olive oil and goat cheese.
    You can do an eggplant gratin, which is a lasagna with sliced eggplant instead of noodles, you can add the cauliflower into that
    Moussaka is good too, and you can either add the cauliflower in there or make a salad and add it

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2012