Did you grow up with junk food in the house?

When I was little we hardly EVER had sodas or candy or chips, now my kids have easy access to it at school friend's house grandparent's house. Do you think not having it when you're little makes you wnat it all the time when your grown or you stick to your learned habits of not eating that stuff that's not around you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had both in the house. I grew up and I have both in the house. I think everyone is raised differently and honestly not everyone can afford chips, soda etc. If you can afford them I see no issue with it and think yes people used to it will make room in their budget and life for it. Those like my mom though born with nothing might not eat as much as see it as a luxury. She kept it in our house because she never got any when she was young because they were too poor.

Answer by gemgem at 4:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• We had it all the time when I was a kid, We did not have it when my kids were little. I find that I want sweets now. When I am tired and hungry after work and getting groceries, I can't resist. My sons will eat sweets if offered, but they don't crave them I don't know but that it could be a male-female thing, though.  My husband will eat sweets if they are around. My guess is that if you have it around you get used to having it around and still want it around when you are an adult. 

Answer by Bmat at 4:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yess omg we always had chips, candy, soda, and tons of ice cream, which really sucks for me now because I'm always craving it even though I need to lose the baby weight. When my baby is a little older, I will have it in the house, but not a lot.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 4:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think if you are deprived of something it can go either way...either you never think about it or dont want it or you want it all the time to make up for what was missed. No happy medium that Ive ever seen.
    In my home growing up we had homemade cookies occasionally or cakes or pies for dessert after dinner.
    Growing up soda consisted mainly of 7-Up and that was not often and mostly when we were sick. When I was a teenager the "harder" stuff of Coke came into our home LOL.

We had goodies but it wasnt an over abundance nor daily occurance. A happy medium I think.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• We had goodies in the house, but we didn't get them nearly as often as I give them or eat them now. We might get one snack food a day and my daughter definitely gets at least that much...usually twice though. Not good.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes I grew up with junk food in the house. In my own home now, there is a lot of junk food. Some things never change.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I don't think it does and we didn't have it in my house. I don't think we have alot but we keep snacks handy especially since he needs a snack for school. He eats very healthy overall so I don't mind if he has chips or a cookie once in a while.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• my dad to this day keeps junk in his house. I usually get a little.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• we could afford junk food in the house but it was alway limited! we could only have them on weekends.
    Now I do the same at my house... even though I can afford it I dont have oftern.

I preffer to spend the money in good food.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 4:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• We never had it growing up and now we have it all the time. The thing is, my kids like it, but know when to quit because they've gotten the belly aches from eating too much. It's no big deal for them, so they even pass on the junk sometimes.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2009