Does the presence of an STD = infidelity?

I recently found out thatI have an STD. Problem is I've been happliy married for the past five years. Should I be worried that my husband cheated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Had to have gotten somewhere.
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    My ex husband picked up chlamydia and we had been split up about 6 yrs. His gf at the time only found out she had it because she got pregnant and went to the dr and had some weird symptoms I guess. He tried to say he got it from me, 6 yrs before. She called me and I said I have never had any STD. She went back to the dr who then tested my ex and lo and behold he did have it and the dr explained he could not have had it 6 yrs without any symptoms. Therefore either she or he cheated. He had cheated. They broke up.

Answer by gemgem at 4:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• tricky question...you may have had the STD whithout knowing and depending on what STD it is...you could have had it, passed it to him then he passed it back. That's what happene with and my hubby.
    Anonymous

• what STD are we talking about
    Anonymous

• herpes you can... though most other once ur alittle behind if you dont see or feel the symptons...
    Anonymous

• Depends, what STD? Some can lay dormant, so it's possible one of you had it before, from a previous partner.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• When you have your annual pap smear they will test for chlamydia and gonorrhea or ask if you want to be tested for the two. Herpes can lay dormant, but you would not know that you had it until you experienced an outbreak. They can not test for herpes unless an outbreak is present. HPV can also lay dormant but is not always linked to being sexually transmitted, although that is typically the case. If it is not herpes or HPV, I would definitely question his fidelity.

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• What STD are you talking about? Is it HPV? If so, that means nothing. HPV can lay dormant in your body for years and still show no symptoms. You or your husband could have been exposed ten years ago for all you know. Same with herpes. Gonorrhea and chlamydia, however take much less than five years to surface so I'd be a little concerned with those.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• YES !
    xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• actually HE could have had it before you guys got married then passed it on to you. i know someone who got it but the guy didnt have any symptoms. that happens a lot. they dont know where he got it from. but he didnt cheat. he just had it for a long time. so not necessarily. but you need to look into it. im sorry this happend to you tho :( it sucks when you dont know and its not your fault. my friend went thru it.
    Anonymous