Does your son do this to you?

Out of the blue my 7 year old son likes to smack my butt. Is this appropriate?
I don't mind but there are times when I am doing something and not thinking nothing about nothing and all of a sudden out of no where I get this big smack on my butt. I think my son does it more than my dh...lol I ask him to stop and he says...but mommy you have a nice butt and I love you. I tell him I love you too but you scare mommy sometimes I don't expect you to do this he just laughs. I am sure he will grow out of this but when....???? I think it is cute...personally

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• eh...he's probably observing his father...I would say you need to have that stopped.
    Anonymous

• my kids do it too...even my nephews at times. i'm not sure when they grow out of it. i know mine get it from my husband and me too lol =]
    Anonymous

• yeah my son does it too. its just a phase i think. I also think they thinks its really funny!
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 4:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Well... My kids and I play this "spanking" game. Whoever is behind the other spanks the unsuspecting person in front of them. It gets annoying at times but I can't complain. I'm the one who started the game LOL
    InsanitySpeaks

Answer by InsanitySpeaks at 4:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes, my five year old has been doing this lately. Good grief! I told him to stop and he still did it to get my attention the other day (saying my name repeatedly and slapping my butt.) I made him go sit on the "naughty couch" and after we discussed it and he got up I showed him how annoying it was by TAPPING his butt GENTLY and saying his name repeatedly and asking him if he would like me to get his attention that way. He said no, and hasn't done it since.
    Anonymous

• 6 BOYS AND NOT A ONE OF THEM SMACKED MY BUTT..PERSONALLY I DO NOT THINK IT IS PROPER.
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 1:07 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would put a stop to it. What if he were to smack his teacher's butt or another girl? It would be called sexual harrassment, not cute.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Maybe you should explain people's private areas again, and let him know it's not ok for him to keep doing it. I'd just explain it to him.
    KatieMommy9303

Answer by KatieMommy9303 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• my 7 yr old son does it too, they will do it for while and forget about it, I don't make a big deal out of it
    marooo

Answer by marooo at 5:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009