Meat eaters - do you feel guilty?

I was vegetarian for a year, then vegan for 4 1/2 more. Almost 3 years ago I started eating meat again. I feel guilty doing so, but for some reason it's much harder to quit this time around. Is anyone else a guilty omnivore?

o0orange0o

Asked by o0orange0o at 10:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Nope. Humans are omnivores by nature. I have no guilt about eating meat. I do however sincerely dislike the way the animals are treated to get to my table. We are looking at buying meat from local farmers instead of the supermarket.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• I've never considered going veggie or vegan, but I detest factory farms (not just meat, but veggie and fruit as well). I know that no less animals die for a veg/an diet due to the chemicals that are sprayed, the transportation, etc. I also know that all of those farms are terrible for the planet, the environment, and that if one's diet isn't local and seasonal, it also doesn't help animals.

I began raising my own meat animals as my solution. I give them a good life, as natural as possible while still being protected, and I look my food in the face every day of their lives. In exchange, they provide me with healthy meat and naturally fertilize the vegetables and fruits I grow. I'm well aware of what eating meat means, so I work for an even exchange and try to put back more than I take. There are still some that I end up keeping as pets, and it's always difficult (and should be!), but I am at ease with what and how we eat.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Nope not at all.
    LoViNmYbAbIeSs

Answer by LoViNmYbAbIeSs at 10:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Nope. I love my meat!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• nope. not a bit! why do you feel guilty?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Not at all
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• nope. it is part of the food chain. humans have eaten animals for thousands of years.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• They are raised on a farm all for the purpose of feeding people. I love meat, whether it be beef, seafood, veal, poultry, lamb, pork, rabbit, or even alligator.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2012

• Yes I do.....
    Anonymous

• I have never felt guilty for eating anything.
    I don't think the shark or aligator or lion would feel too guilty about eating me. lol or a rodent for that matter. I am certain birds feel no guilt whatsoever.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2012