why will my daughter tell the babysitter when she needs to use the potty but will not tell me or my husband when she needs to go to the bathroom?

kris0517

Asked by kris0517 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• good luckBecause she feels alot more lax with you guys, I have this little girl that I babysit 3years of age she is so cute when she needs to go potty...she asks me while holding on to her private once I say go ahead she runs to the potty and takes care of business, but when her parents come to pick her up you can see the difference in her she changes from a blink of a eye she starts to be more babyish. I noticed some parents talk and treat their kids like they are still babies I believe that is why they are that way. My opinion.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Because she can manipulate you and with the sitter it's not a big deal. With Mom and Dad it's a huge deal.
    Anonymous

• Actually I think it is because you probably know her and anticipate when she needs to go. You probably say "Honey lets go to the potty" or "Do you have to go to the potty?" She just expects you tto take charge of that. If you tell her to go to the potty when her body tells her to, eventually she will understand she is in charge of it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I have three boys, and I noticed they did this w/ me. I think it was because I had those kids everyday, from sun-up, til sun-down, and hearing that they had to use the potty became old-quickly. I acted excited for like-three weeks when they started to tell me. But the baby sitter..everytime they told her, she acted like it was the HUGE thing, and she had this bright big smile on her face, and my kids just naturally LOVED the attention. Especially from their 13 year old cousin babysitter. Her enthusiasm lasted until past the time they needed it. She was amazing.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 11:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009