Pregnant again...?

I have a 9 week old baby, I breastfeed, and I had a period 5 weeks after having my DD. My husband and I went out about 2 weeks ago, got a little tipsy, came home, had sex, and he didn't pull out in time. I know it was extremely irresponsible for us not to use a condom, but now I'm thinking I might be pregnant again. I've been a little ill for a few days now, and my breast are pretty sore, so I'm waiting a few days to take a pg test. But my question is, because I had to have a c-section last time, what are the risks of me being pregnant again so soon??? and will it have any effect on me breastfeeding my daughter???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you def. can be pregnant. period, breastfeding and pulling out are not a birth control.. at all.

you just had a baby, and you are breastfeeding, of course your breasts sore.
    c-section also doesnt protect you from getting pregnant.

a pregnancy will not effect your breastfeeding.

i hope you know its dangerous to get pregnant again that fast after a c-section.

i wish you good luck.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Well yes it is dangerous to get pregnant soooo soon especilly since it was a c section . NO IT SHOULD NOT AFFECT UR BREASTFEEDING AT ALL...
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 5:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Thats what I thought too soon after i had my son. I talked with the dr. and its probably the BFing that is throwing your period off. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• It may diminish your milk supply. You may be fine with breastfeeding. The milk will change taste some closer to the end of pregnancy. I have had friends who have gotten pregnant right after a c-section. Their uterus is a bit more weak, but really nothing serious. Good luck and find out soon!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009